Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

PressureTrol

Tinman
Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
edited September 2016 in Strictly Steam
Why are more than one or two necessary? One for control? One for limit? Third one?
Steve Minnich

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,670
    edited September 2016
    Often a second is required by code for safety reasons.

Another reason is as you said, for control of a high / low fire setup.

In that picture my guess is two for safety and one for control but it's best to wait for a pro to answer that as they will actually know and not be guessing.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Tinman
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    better closeup of the pressuretrols? I think I see a manual reset on one of them. But yeah, usually I'd say one is a limit, 2nd is a backup, and 3rd is hi/lo control. Those powerflame burners usually would sometimes come with a hi/lo valve. Not always tho. Honeywell v4062 is hi/lo/off. v4055 is on/off.
    TinmanSWEI
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808

Thanks for the help.

This is as close as I have.
    Steve Minnich
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    It looks like the one on the right, by itslef is the manual reset one. I'd guess one of the two on the left is the hi/lo, if the burner supports that, and the operating limit. Can't really say much more without checking the wiring.

I see what appears to be a nipple to somewhere between the two pressuretrols on the left. But then there's also 2 pigtails on the left. Not sure where that nipple goes.
    Tinman