Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

@ChrisJ

Tinman
Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
Chris - I was looking at your boiler installation pics. Very professional looking, I must say. Great job!

I'm only asking this question because I don't know the answer, no ulterior motive. I notice you went from 3 main vents, to 4, to 5. Why is that?
Steve Minnich
ChrisJb_bz

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,099
    edited September 2016
    Hi Steve,
    Thank you, coming from you I take that as quite a compliment!

I was trying to reduce the time, and more so the sound of the air rushing out of the vents when the boiler fires up with all of the piping still very hot. For example, after only being off for 5 minutes when it's below 0°F out running 3 CPH.

I can get steam to the end of my 29' main in less than 90 seconds from the time when the thermostat calls for heat on a night like that. Considering the time to open the damper, light the burner and start steaming the time to actually get steam down the main it self is likely around a minute. Before downsizing from an EG-45 to an EG-40 I had seen total times of less than a minute from the time the thermostat calls for heat.

My pressure never goes above 1" WC anymore, usually between 0.5" and 0.75". I have a pressure switch set to force the Ecosteam into hold mode for 10 minutes if I hit 1 ounce. It's never happened, not even during large setbacks or when the boiler re-fires a few minutes after shutting down.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Tinmanb_bzRomanGK_26986764589