Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler sizing by fin tube

Options
2»

Comments

• rm762
    rm762 Member Posts: 52
    Options
    If I were to change my supply line and put a 4 zone manifold just like my return, would that do the same thing as installing globe valves above the zone valves? I would still have 1 circulator on supply but I would move my zone valves and manifold to my supply line too but have nothing on the return just straight copper. I would then repipe all zones seperate lay back to the supply manifold, it would've a much cleaner look than what is there now, what do u think? Or should I just do the globe valves?
  • rm762
    Options
    I hear ya and cheaper too! So u recommend not installing a different outdoor reset? Just leave it alone because of the output it will just cause it to short cycle
  • rm762
    Options
    Ok great thanks alot much appreciated, I'll let u know how it goes this winter, thanks again
  • rm762
    Options
    Could I use ball valves instead of gate valves?
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You should be using Globe Valves for balancing the zones, not gate or ball valves. They also have a directional arrow cast into them...
    http://www.supplyhouse.com/Globe-Valves-19600000
  • rm762
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • rm762
    Options
    Any recommendations on how to get baseboard temps? Specific tool?
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Options
    Hat recommended this Azel DS-60P when I was setting up my system. I bought two of them so I can monitor four temperatures. I have one sensor on the 1" supply and one sensor on each of the three 3/4" zone returns. They seem to be very accurate and the battery should last a couple of years.
  • rm762
    Options
    Thanks!
  • rm762
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I gave u some wrong info about the nozzle size on the 4 section, it's actually 85 x 60 nozzle, and they don't recommend downfiring
  • rm762
    Options
    When I called pensotti, he said I might be able to go to a 75 nozzle and using a analyzer make sure my flue temps don't go below 300 or condensing will happen, he said no way possible to use a 65. So my other question is if my heat pump **** the bed and I buy an indirect will that help my short cycling with the 4 section? Or if I replace the boiler with a 3 section and use an indirect will the 3 section is be to small? I'm doing the globe valve project this weekend.
  • rm762
    Options
    That is a great idea... Especially my 16x20 breezeway that only has 18 feet of fin tube , really small zone that I could combine with the rest of the first floor, I will try the different nozzle this weekend too and run an efficiency and let u know, thanks
  • rm762
    Options
    Ok, so globe valves are installed, all zones and boiler flushed, it already had a 75x60w nozzle and we ran an efficiency test, the pics show the results. I'll just have to wait for winter to mess with the globe valves
  • rm762
    Options
    Also took out the bypass and piped it as it should have been done, no bypass in between
  • rm762
    Options
    Ok thanks, it will be a while before I come back with any feedback, but I definately will
  • rm762
    Options
    One more thing, what is the boiler putting out right now if it's doe fired with a 75 nozzle?
  • rm762
    Options
    I hope with using the globe valves and the nozzle stops the short cycling, 90 thousand is better than 106
  • rm762
    Options
    I will do that, just have to switch the wires, ok I'll let u know how it goes, thanks!
  • rm762
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving! Was going to wire the 2 zone valves together to work with one thermostat, any suggestions on doing this with the zone controller? Don't want to fry anything lol
  • rm762
    Options
    I took out the wires from thermostat 1, put jumpers in from zv 2 to zv 1. Zone 2 will be running zone 1. Is this wiring correct?
  • rm762
    Options
    I think u wanted jumpers on thermostat right?
  • rm762
    Options
    Ok alset thanks, also all valves are close 60% and I closed the hot zones 70% I'll adjust from there and let u know how I make out