Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam boilers in food-processing applications

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 637
edited July 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
Steam boilers in food-processing applications

Read the full story here

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    GREAT,GREAT INFO ! GOIN THIS VERY DAY TO SCOPE OUT THE INSTALL ON A STEEL BOILER FOR A HONEY PROCESSOR.....STICKY ONE.....
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Zimmee56
    Zimmee56 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    quickly and cheaply, par for the course
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Options
    I have designed power plants for large and small bakeries. I learned the hard way after installing the perfect steam system at a large bakery that used a Pavallier automated system. I provided nice and dry steam. Nope, that is NOT what makes a good crust on baguettes or rolls. Mr Pavallier himself flew over and complained about my steam. He took a broom and inserted the handle into the oven where the steam was. It was dry! He wanted wet. Wet gives it the crust just like butter gives the crust on real rye bread. After some checking, I discovered that his distribution system for the steam was making a high pitch noise. Steam was travelling in the distribution system at a high speed. The distribution tube was a tube in tube with drilled orifices. The holes needed to be larger than the crossection area of the tubes. I had the tubes taken out and the distribution holes enlarged. Bingo wet steam and a nice crust.

BTW, the proper method for a bakery consists of a modulating water tube boiler which can make up the load faster than a firetube. A sparge injecting steam in the condensate tank will eliminate 90 % of the oxygen so no need for chemicals. Need more info on process systems, pm me. BTW the chemical guys are my best sales persons for boiler replacement! Love you guys just keep blocking the tubes and cast iron sections!