Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

WM Aquaplus and cold start?

PeteysPeteys Member Posts: 62

Hi,

I installed an aqua plus indirect hot water heater last week to replace an amtrol and the wiring diagram for the aquaplus heater said to install a r845 relay and connect 5 and 6 to the aquastat, which I did. Now the boiler only goes on when the hwh calls. Is this cold start? The boiler is a 25 year old WM 868 steam boiler.

Before this , the boiler was wired straight from the aquastat to the relay and used to come on when the aquastat in the boiler said to and maintained a temperature of 170 degrees.

Which wiring do you guys recommend? Maintain boiler water temperature all the time or only come on when the r845 and indirect calls?

Much appreciated

Comments

• PeteysPeteys Member Posts: 62
    Anybody?

Am thinking as it's in a 5 family house, there would be hot water usage every day and it wouldn't truly be cold start. Would like to get a few more years out of the boiler and not sure if this would be rocking the boat.
  • Timothy77Timothy77 Member Posts: 15
    I agree, but also as peteys says it's a five family home. Initial first call for the demestic hot water May be a little slow responding. I think I would try it and see how it responds if it doesn't work then do the mixing valve. Just an opinion.