Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

are there ecm circs that are stainless and not $2000 for radiant indirect systems

keyote
keyote Member Posts: 659
it seems all the ecm pumps are cast except some seriously expensive wilos or am i not finding them

Comments

• keyote
    I found the stainless alpha grundfos oddly google didnt find it, but still cant find any comparable other brands any opinions if their are other options or is grundfos the way to go
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Why SS? The only time you need SS Circs is if non barrier pex, or an open system is used. Neither of which is a good design.
  • keyote
    Gordy I used oxygen barrier pex and of course all brass copper fittings and stainless a manifold but I have bought a used TT110 prestige and the TT smart indirect DHW tank which i was going to use at least until I bring all four floors on line. And I thought i saw somewhere in the manual or a label that to protect the outer jacket of the tank or outer tank i think only the inner tank is stainless. Am i misunderstanding.
    {currently the three lower floors are still running on an atmospheric dragon and 100 year old asbestos pipes.which i will keep separated until retired }
    If I dont need stainless there seem to be comparable ecms like taco is there a consensus is it coke v pepsi
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    You can use a CI circulator. It's when oxygen is constantly introduced via non barrier tubing, or an open type of system there will be corrosion issues to ferrous metals. Save your money.
    SWEI
  • keyote
    thanks Gordy.