Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Baxi HT330 fitting Question

Scott M_3Scott M_3 Member Posts: 32
Hi everyone. I have a Baxi HT330 and I need to disconnect and replace the copper elbow connected to the valve with the blue handle in the picture I'm uploading. Because of work I'm doing I cant reuse the elbow and need to connect a straight piece of copper tubing to the valve. Does anyone know if I can use a simple 3\4" copper union or a female copper fitting to connect to the valve or do I need a special size fitting with a washer? I know this is probably a basic question but I would like to know for sure before I try to use the wrong fitting and screw up the threads on the valve. Thanks for the help. Scott

Comments

• SWEISWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    That's a custom tailpiece. Safest thing would be to cut it just before the bend and sweat (or press) on a reducing coupler.
  • hot_rodhot_rod Member Posts: 13,198
    It looks like what we call a 1" G thread, a straight thread, basically.
    Kurt has the right idea to reuse the flared end. Clean both surfaces and use a new fiber or EPDM gasket.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
  • SWEISWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    If it actually is a G union, you could buy a Caleffi tailpiece for it :D
  • Scott M_3Scott M_3 Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.