Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WI-FI Condensing Boilers

Danscrew
Danscrew Member Posts: 130
Is any one making a condensing Boiler with WI- FI capability ? thanks Dan

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Lochinvar does, and I believe VIessmann does as well.
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    IBC also but I believe Veissmann is ahead in that gane
  • Last time I checked, the Viessmann Wi-Fi add-on was sent back to the drawing board.
    Lochinvar has their Con-X-Us for their FTXL and Knight boilers. Just purchased one and have yet to install it.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Tinman
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Alan, let me know what you think of the Con-X-Us.
    Steve Minnich
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    I have three Con-X-Us modules in the field, and they've worked flawlessly. Kind of nice knowing your customer has an issue before your customer knows... And if they don't pay their bill, well... Let's just say that they WILL pay their bill :blush:

As I type this, I see Navien is advertising (to the right) a WiFi interconnect right on this sight, so guess we need to add their name to the hat.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
    njtommyHenrykcopp
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Race to high turndowns now wi fi where the hell are these customers
    Robert O'Brien
  • Danscrew
    Thanks for all the replies
    I was hoping HTP with the 8000 Min would have WI-FI capability I emailed them and they said its not offered yet. I'm sure in due time they will all offer it to stay competitive thanks Dan
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    The customers are the geeks out there. Most of the ones who like the nest type thermostats and all.
    I just put a Conxus on a Lochinvar for a customer who is a snowbird, and a major geek. He likes the ability to just see it, and to be able to check on the boiler when he is gone.
    I wouldn't install it on my own, but I don't have that kind of extra cash either.
    Rick
  • Chester
    Chester Member Posts: 83
    Bosch has a WiFi thermostat that works with (but only with) their Greenstar boilers. I like mine a lot. Not so much because you can monitor and program it from your phone but because you can either use ODR curves or just have it modulate the boiler based on indoor temp.
  • Danscrew
    Thanks Chester
    Its for a Friend of mine he's thinking of changing out his Peerless Pinnacle after some costly repairs he has replaced the Controller and the Blower after 13 years not happy