Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

Toilet on Concrete Floor

CarmineCarmine Member Posts: 10
My toilet is on a cement floor. Metal ring holding bolts is split at bolt-adjusting area and cannot hold toilet bowl securely to floor. Being the ring is split where the bolt is tightened, the toilet is loose and also leaks. Is there an adapter to repair this ring without breaking the ring off and drilling new screws into the cement?


  • JUGHNEJUGHNE Member Posts: 7,223
    edited June 2016
    Wander thru the WC repair section of a hardware store. There are simple remedies for this. The one that comes to mind that might fix this consists of a pair of steel curves/arcs that you put your standing up closet bolts into and then slide the repair curves under existing flange.
    It might still require a masonry anchor or two.

    The bowl wax itself is the water seal, tighten the nuts will usually not stop a leak. But the WC cannot twist or rock.

    PS; Did you get your kitchen faucet spray corrected?
  • Paul48Paul48 Member Posts: 4,492
    Can you post a picture of what you have there?
  • GWGW Member Posts: 3,790
    If you really get stuck just pull toilet, pull off old metal ring, pack in some mortar mix etc, when dry/cured drill in amd fasten your new ring.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    [email protected]
  • 4Johnpipe4Johnpipe Member Posts: 479
    Or you can set the bowl in plaster of Paris. Make sure you have a good wax ring seal and forget the bolts. It will make it difficult to remove in the future if need be but it will come off. You just need to know where to nudge it!
    Considerate People, Considerate Service, Consider It Done!
    email: [email protected]
  • hot_rodhot_rod Member Posts: 13,913
    The toilet really should be secured to the closet flange and the flange secured to the floor. You want a good tight seal for water and odor.l

    What type of pipe? Remove the rest of the broken or rotted flange. They make flanges that fasten inside the pipe, anchor to floor, then remount toilet
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
  • AbracadabraAbracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Fernco manufactures a repair kit. I'm sure there's other similar kits
  • JUGHNEJUGHNE Member Posts: 7,223
    That Fernco type is the design I was trying to describe. Picture is worth many words.
  • CarmineCarmine Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for all your help. I will buy the Fernco Fix a Flange. You guys are great.
  • hot_rodhot_rod Member Posts: 13,913
    Another option if the current flange is damaged beyond the ring fixer device.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
  • CarmineCarmine Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for this info
  • Eric_32Eric_32 Member Posts: 264
    If it's a PVC flange with steel ring, you can also use a replacement 2 piece stainless ring "the clam"
Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!