Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pexgun or Max cordless tie tool

Options
Jeff Perry_3
Jeff Perry_3 Member Posts: 99
Anyone use the cordless tools originally developed for rebar tying but now advertised for radiant? If so a couple of questions. How does it hold up mechanically in the long run? What do you think about using wire to tie tubing and the potential for it being too tight to allow any small amount of movement? Even embedded in concrete you'll get a little movement withing the structure of the PEX as it heats and cools. I understand you can set how tight or sloppy the tie is twisted with these tools.

Anyone have one for sale?
Jeff

Comments

• GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Did you ever end up buying one of these? I'm looking into it myself now and can't find much feedback
  • bnjmn
    bnjmn Member Posts: 53
    Options
    I have a Pex Gun I think for what it is it works pretty good. I bought it for a job laying 25k feet of 3/4” tubing. I could of bought 3 of those guns for what pex staples would of cost. The tool cycled smoothly and worked pretty good. From what I am told the Max tool is far superior. I will never hand tie tubing to rebar again. I wish it wasn’t made in China. I found better pricing on my tool going through my wholesaler rather than dealing with Pex Gun directly as a contractor.
  • bnjmn
    bnjmn Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Sorry I replied to an ancient thread
    kcopp
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,909
    Options
    @bnjmn thanks for the info! It was I who revived this ancient thread, but it's what the search brought me lol figured it was worth a shot.