Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Remembering Gil Carlson, Hydronics Pioneer

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 635
edited April 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
Remembering Gil Carlson, Hydronics Pioneer

Read the full story here

Rich_49Roohollah

Comments

• George Carey
    George Carey Member Posts: 13
    Dan,

I remember calling you on that day...ITT had sent a fax to all the reps notifying them of Gil's passing...I asked if you had heard and at the time you hadn't so I faxed a copy of the announcement to your office...I had only been with FIA for about 3 weeks...seems like yesterday and at the same time an eternity...
    Roohollah
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    It sure does, George. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Roohollah
    Roohollah Member Posts: 135
    Dear Prof. Holohan ,

It was one of the most inspiring stories that I have ever read . There are many informative and instructive lessons to derive from this hero of Hydronic . We have a persian proverb that may interpret in English like this " from the cradle to the grave stick learning ". This hero had an extra ordinary innate talents to solve mysteries of heating industry . We all wish him and those who dedicated their lives to this industry for facilitating the path for us to work as efficient as before to rest in eternal peace .

Thank you for your support and kind words ,

Yours Sincerely,

Your loyal student,

Roohollah ,
    Rich_49
  • Jackmartin
    Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
    edited May 2017
    I think this sums up a very important axiom that seems to be lost on the trades and the professional engineer. The only time you should quit studying is the day the inevitable comes to pass; your last day on this earth. My wife is an authority on mental loss of acuity and she always ends her lectures the same way. Number one exercise for all you are worth and use your mind but: not doing easy things you already know ---- study what makes you come back to try again and again it makes the mind excerise exactly the same way you train your body. I think Mr Carlson would approve.

Jack Martin

EzzyT
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    wish i could have met him, he is an icon in this business of ours
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    Dan, although most of us never met Gil, you've brought him alive and burned his logical, common sense thinking in to our brains. Tanks, pal. Mad Dog
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Thanks, Matt. I could do no less.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jackmartin
    Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
    Some one to emulate. All the best Jack