Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mobile Devices

Hilly
Hilly Member Posts: 427
I just saw @hot rod 's cell phone holder post and it reminded me of this.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/22/11489642/dewalt-md501-rugged-smartphone
I think this one looks pretty good and I'm in the market for something new myself. I love smartphones. I don't like the 'phablet' size that everyone seems to go since I always put a heavy duty case on them. But with more and more phones getting the IP Ratings [IPxy (xy are numbers for dust/water)] I am curious if guys trust the ratings and ditch the cases to make these large phones better for the one-handed operations.

So with that said. What type of devices do most of you guys use? iPhone/Android/Windows/Etc. Although I don't know that there is even an etc category anymore. If so I imagine almost non-existent.

Comments

• Hilly
    FYI, when looking for the link I came across another announce stating the UK release for May '16 and US as '16 only.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    I got the new Apple SE and I like it! I like the size, good camera, links easy to my laptop, etc.

It has been dropped, but not submerged, I may not try that water test.

That Dewalt looks like it has a lot of the features one would want in a joist phone.

Personally I'd like to go back to a pager, or truck phone :)
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Hilly
    A Pager!!! Hahaha. I thought those were only for Doctors and Drug dealers.
  • New England SteamWorks
    New England SteamWorks Member Posts: 1,505
    edited April 2016
    I've been using the Kyocera Torque. It goes through hell and is still ticking. But far as I know, the phones of my co-workers are still ticking (whichever ones they are). So who's to say if these contractor-type phones are really even needed?
    New England SteamWorks
    Service, Installation, & Restoration of Steam Heating Systems
    newenglandsteamworks.com
  • Canucker
    Canucker Member Posts: 722
    You can have it good, fast or cheap. Pick two