Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bumper stickers

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
With the elections coming up (In case you haven't noticed), do you have political signs on your work truck?
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    no and try not to discuss the subject in any form...that could get dangerous quick in my neck of the woods...
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Negative, I also won't engage in talking politics with employees or customers.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    No chance of that happening. My beliefs are mine and I exercise my right to vote. That's the most powerful thing any of us can do.
    Steve Minnich
    SWEIdelta T
  • Brewbeer
    Brewbeer Member Posts: 616
    Options
    Agree. No signs or stickers. Never discuss politics with clients. If a client brings up political views, I look for a clever opportunity to change the subject and get back on track. At work, I will only discuss politics with like minded coworkers, and only when no one else is in earshot.
    Hydronics inspired homeowner with self-designed high efficiency low temperature baseboard system and professionally installed mod-con boiler with indirect DHW. My system design thread: http://forum.heatinghelp.com/discussion/154385
    System Photo: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021738/uploads/FileUpload/79/451e1f19a1e5b345e0951fbe1ff6ca.jpg
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    No
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Negative... I have enough to think about at work w/o getting into all that.
    I'm pretty jaded now anyways.
    They are all the same.
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    First of all, I hate bumper stickers. Second, if you put a political sticker on your work truck, and you live in a small town like I do, you have just lost 50% of your customers. Like the other guys have said, my politics are my own.
    Rick
    delta T
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    Nope!
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,677
    Options
    I've seen quite a few businesses that put such stickers on their vehicles or in their places of business (retail shops etc) and I've never understood why. That, and religion are an automatic mistake because you're going to lose business, guaranteed.

There's a reason it's a secret ballot and it really, really needs to go back to actually being that. It's no one's business who you vote for and you shouldn't be trying to get "your guy" votes, that's their job.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Robert O'Brien
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    John, I'm retired.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    Erin?
    Steve Minnich
  • ChrisJ
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Our refrigerator forum has stickers members can buy to help advertise about the forum.

I wouldn't call them a "bumper sticker" but it's a weatherproof sticker intended to be put on a car window and it certainly helps get the word out.

HeatingHelp really should have something similar IMO.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options
    We've got stickers. They're 4x4. Message me with your address if you want one. I'll bring some to the Eastern Energy Expo too.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    TinmanChrisJRobert O'Briennjtommy
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    edited April 2016
    Options
    To be honest, I think posting in the political forum is the electronic equivalent of a bumper sticker.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Tinman
  • njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    Options
    I work for a Union shop when Obama was running the first time around we where all told we had to pull our Union stickers off the companies trucks. the majority of us understood the reasoning behind it, but their are always a few that just don't get it.
  • ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 958
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I would consider this one. Saw it maybe 30 years ago. I see it's available again.
    terry
    BobCSWEIdelta T
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    ttekushan said:

I would consider this one. Saw it maybe 30 years ago. I see it's available again.

Doesn't this automatically make the person displaying the sticker an extremist?
    KC_JonesSolid_Fuel_Man
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Options
    I think a sticker that said "All extremists should be hugged" is more "fun".
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • ttekushan_3
    Options
    @ChrisJ and @KC_Jones,
    The irony of the statement is the joke.
    Humor has changed in the last 35 years I guess. :wink:
    terry
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    ttekushan said:

@ChrisJ and @KC_Jones,

The irony of the statement is the joke.

Humor has changed in the last 35 years I guess. :wink:

I had a feeling that was the case, but it went over my head.
    ttekushan_3
  • ttekushan_3
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I must say though @KC_Jones , I agree hugging an extremist could be more productive. Although "fun" might be a little dicey, particularly in light of what the nature of their extremism may be! :neutral:
    terry
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Options
    I'm sure it could, look up the free hugs project and watch some of his videos. Cool idea, and a braver man than I.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    You guys talk about the damndest things. Lol
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • Coany
    Coany Member Posts: 91
    Options
    No stickers of any kind allowed at my job. No Bruins, No Pats, Not even American flags , nothing ever. One coworker who needed a condo parking sticker had to plead his case three times,before being allowed to keep his
    " Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Teddy Roosevelt