Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

seeking schematic for American Standard electric boiler "EP-68"

Options
evanky
evanky Member Posts: 2
I'm having problems with my electric boiler. It is a 20,000 watt American Standard boiler, that says Boiler No. EP-68, Serial No. 3B-J2.

Some of the wires have gotten burnt out so it needs to be rewired. Unfortunately, I don't have a wiring diagram or schematic to make sure it is being done right. The boiler has had some work done on it before and I'm nervous that the prior fixes are the source of the current problem.

Any help with getting a wiring diagram would be a great help. I gave a call to Burnham/U.S. Boiler and they said they didn't have a wiring diagram because American Standard didn't keep good records.

Any solutions?

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    I doubt you'll find that schematic online? Maybe an outside chance that someone has an old hard copy somewhere? Most electric heat boilers or furnaces are wired similarly. The wiring looks cleaned on paper but usually looks like a rat's nest in the control panel. I've attached a basic electric heat schematic that should give you an idea of how they are wired. Wire size, wire type, and tight electrical connections are critical.
    Steve Minnich
  • evanky
    evanky Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks Stephen. I agree that it doesn't appear to be floating around online, but maybe somebody here knows somebody who might have a hard copy floating around?

Thanks for the general diagram. We suspect that the main source of our current problems was loose connections.
  • julesred
    julesred Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi @evanky, I know this post is really old, but I came here looking for some guidance on the EP-68, and I do have the book and wiring schematic for it, if you still need it.