Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bosch CT 100 Smart Control Thermostat

Chester
Chester Member Posts: 83
I just had Aaron in Maine install Bosch's new t-stat for me:

http://www.bosch-climate.us/products-bosch-thermotechnology/boilers/residential-boilers/greenstar-gas-condensing-boilers/greenstar-boiler-controls-accessories/bosch-control/

They've had it in Europe for a year or so but they just released it for the US market. The big difference between this and something like a Nest is that it actually modulates the boiler, based on either indoor or outdoor temp (and it only works with Greenstar or Buderus). It ties directly into a bus on the boiler with a regular 2-wire cable. You can adjust the temp up or down from the t-stat but you need to have wifi and a cellphone to program it. You tell it your location and it uses that to determine outdoor temp, so you don't even need to install an outdoor sensor. It replaced the FW 200 ODR controller that came with my boiler.

Physical installation was easy and programming it was no problem. It picked up my wifi right away and then I was able to log in and program it with my phone (you download an app for Android or iPhone).

It looks pretty cool and it's supposed to keep the boiler at the minimum output needed to maintain room temp. Seems like a good solution that avoids the need to dial-in ODR curves and lets customers monitor and control the system remotely. So far it seems to work as advertised. I'll report back if I have any problems with it.

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,916
    It works like an room sensor and outdoor sensor , like the BF and Logomatic 2107 .. But with wifi ...The Green star and Buderus already come with outdoor sensors ... Hmmm Thinking how it can picks up the local weather and why if they already have outdoor sensors ... Turn on an snow melt ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.