Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laars Extremely Poor Customer Service

lowspark631
lowspark631 Member Posts: 1
The poor quality of this company's products are only outmatched by the even poorer quality of their customer service. I had a Laars Neotherm boiler installed in Sept. 2015, but not really used until Nov. due to unusually warm weather. Immediate problems arose. Called company in Mid-Nov. 2015 and left message advising of the problem and asking for a call back, which never came. Called again in Dec. and left another message and, again, no call back ever came. Wrote complaint email about a week later, which was treated the exact same way - no response. Called again in Jan 2016, left third message, and actually got a return call, but was told to have the contractor come to the house and call them. Contractor came early the next week and called and was told that customer service would call them back. Contractor stayed around, but the return tel call never came, wasting their time and my money. I called the following week, actually got through to someone in customer service, who barely listened and then said the problem was "air in the lines," which it was not, and I knew it was not, which the contractor confirmed could not be the problem. Contractor came back again, re-bled lines and problem remained. Contractor attempted to reach them again, with no return call once again.
My advice: Get a Rheem, had a problem with a 10-year old water heater a few years ago, called them and Rheem customer service worked with me to find the problem and repair the unit, which is still running to this day.

Comments

• Docfletcher
    Docfletcher Member Posts: 487
    edited March 2016
    So tell what the problem seems to be so that the guys here might be able to help. Some photos would be helpful also. Great bunch of fellows here and they will try to assist you.
  • Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    I install laars neotherms alot.....about 6 this past winter and have about 20 in total out there with little to no problems.....when i call them i seem to not have a problem....what problem are you having? Piping pics?....a good contractor should be able to fix this issue....where are u located?
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company