Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

steam humidifier installation

Options
zepfan
zepfan Member Posts: 397
I was wondering how much time should be figured to install an Aprilaire model 800 steam humidifier.I have an installation in which we would be replacing an model 700 with an 800.I have installed many 600, and 700's,but no 800's.If it helps it is a walk out basement, and the water heater is directly next to the furnace in which the humidifier is attached to.thanks to all

Comments

• Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    Options
    About 2 hours , not that much longer....its pretty straight forward. ..they work great
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
  • Brp814
    Brp814 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    I would leave about 4 hours. Different setup, different control, and 2 ways to wire the unit. It can be used with 120V or a 240V circuit. Wiring with a higher voltage will give you twice as much humidity. We have installed a few, and it takes about 4 hours. As mentioned above, they work very well. No issues unlike the Honeywell TruSteam.
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Options
    Brp814 said:

No issues unlike the Honeywell TruSteam.

What issues have you found with the Honeywell?
  • zepfan
    zepfan Member Posts: 397
    Options
    Thanks to all.This is good information.Yes it looks like if you install one of these the only way to go is to wire it for 230 volt operation.Thanks again,take care.
  • Brp814
    Brp814 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Abracadabra, the TruSteam issues mainly have to do with water quality. Where I work in Princeton NJ the water is very hard. One Trusteam installation required the RO filter system. Anyway the units would be blinking clean tank, even though the tank was clean, or they would never reset. Another issue is that I could be servicing these units every week because of the clean tank light. What a pain. We still have a few left out there, but even Honeywell knows that they were a disaster.

The Aprilaire 800 is great, very easy to change the canister, does not dump hot water into drains. Can be used with standard piping, and condensate pumps. Wiring is very easy to connect, and the control is nice.