Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Inventory Questions

Options
So I'm new to the hvac business- starting off with my folks' company and learning as I go, and given that the company I'm working for is commercial and residential I have to figure out a lot on my own by trial and error. I'm doing what a lot of companies offer hvac businesses as a team effort, all by my lonesome, but I'm up to the challenge.
My first job here is Inventory- And while it's easy enough writing down what I see, I find myself stumbling over one thing.
Capacitors.
There's a million different kinds, depending on use, voltage and microfarad rating needed, shape, and size. I was wondering if anyone could throw me a line- maybe a list of all the different types and forms of capacitors in use these days? I just don't know what the upper and lower limits are. It'd help me a long way with listing and pricing everything.

Comments

• Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Use the TURBO 200X for dual run capacitors up to 97.5 MFD.....they have smaller ones too....beats carrying 40 different types on truck...i carry 2 small turbos....2 large turbos....and a few misc ones i grab along the way
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    What will truly work the best, along with what @Paul S said, is to have a database of all components on all your customers equipment. Then you can make sure you have at least one of every type of component needed.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    Caps are cheap, just ask your local vendor the top 10 or 15 models they sell. And or just carry some Turbos like I do.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com