Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water quality in hydronic boiler heating systems and steam boiler systems.

bob eck
bob eck Member Posts: 930
how are you the heating professional treating the water quality going into hydronic boiler systems for condensing boiler or conventional boiler or steam boiler systems.
Are you treating the system water with chemicals or are you filtering the water?
Please take a look at the recent Caleffi Idronics book #18 January 2016
Water Quality in Hydronic Systems
www.caleffi.com/usa/en-us/technical-magazine
Would heating contractors buy or rent the Caleffi Hydrofill water treatment filling unit?
LionA29

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    We treat the water in every hot water heating system we install or service. When the available fill water is has more than ~8 GPG of hardness, we dilute with RO water to bring that down to a manageable level. The amount of treatment is reduced proportionally, but even straight RO water gets about 1/4 of the manufacturer's recommended dose. It seems to be working so far.

Wrangling barrels of RO water is a PITA, so if the Caleffi DI rig is affordable, we might actually purchase one. I don't believe any of our suppliers are likely to take the plunge -- and even if one of them did, they're still several hours' drive from here.
    LionA29
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Please let me know if you want to buy one I am a outside sales person for F W Webb Company call me at 484-225-9055