Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Megapress "G"

HPS
HPS Member Posts: 7
Does anyone know if the mega press system for gas is legal in New York? Has anyone used this system?

Comments

• Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 904
    I am over in Vt and for us it's not allowed yet by Vt Gas Systems (only natural gas). LPG national code allows it in systems up to 5psi. This may be different for each area, so I would make some phone calls or emails to your local AHJ.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    No not approved yet and I have used it once.Still prefer to cut and thread but MP fittings are pricey.
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,320
    It's great for when making repairs on leaks but on a new project I'd prefer to cut and thread.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    jonny88
  • HPS
    HPS Member Posts: 7
    I prefer to cut and thread also but I'm getting tired of the imported crap pipe! Nothing but problems. I even bought a new Ridgid complete threading machine...I'm still having problems. I never had any issues when I was able to get domestic Wheatland pipe. Now I think they're out of business!
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,320
    I only use domestic pipe and fittings, I'll drive the extra mileage and pay more any day of the week then deal with imported crap
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    I've used it here in NH. Having done a very large project in short time I'll use it again. Cost more for the fittings but that job was done way under time and looked good when done..
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,795
    The peace of mind 'not' having to haul the 300 around is pretty sweet. It's a pain that the fittings are super loose until you squeeze (gotta change the way to hang a little bit). You want to know what PRICELESS is? Mini band saw a gas main, get your tee pinched in, and bang, you are simply hauling. All of these tools have a time and a place.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com