Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tekmar 552 thermostats and TACO controls

Good morning,

I am in the process of replacing all of the Honeywell "dumb" thermostats that were installed as part of our "high mass" radiant system in 2005 and installing Tekmar 552 thermostats with slab sensors throughout our home.

The thermostats connect to a multiple TACO ZVC403-4's which in turn connect to one of two TACO SR504-4's in the basement. The TACO 504-4's are then connected to an IBC Boiler SL 20-115G2 Boiler

How do I go about creating a tN4 "network?" Is it just a matter of tying the all of the "tN4" wires together or do I need some additional Tekmar hardware?
The reason I asked is that some "functions" on the 552 are not available unless the thermostat detects a tN4 network.

Also is there any way of monitoring the thermostats and zone controllers via internet?
Does TACO make something?

Thanks
Peter

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    You may want to go to Tekmar's web site/contact them. If you want the fully integrated Tekmar system, you may have to dump the Taco's and get Tekmar's zone managers.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I have been to Tekmar's web site that is how I picked the 552. I also tried to call Tekmar in order to speak with some on in support but can never get through.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Good luck! I was also frustrated that they want to do it thru email.
    I'm no Tekmar expert by any means, but there are others on this site who can help. BTW, did you see this page at Tekmar:
    http://tekmarcontrols.com/products/accessories/482.html

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    edited February 2016
    Check out the tN2 House Controls (400 Series.) You can expand them using what Tekmar calls Wiring Centers, but I suspect there is probably a way to mate them with conventional zone relays, especially if you can group your way into four properly selected "main zones."
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    You have to scrap the Taco and go all Tekmar or use honeywell wireless prestige/vision pro stats with WIFI. They make a floor sensor for them as well as provide you the internet access you want.

Personally I'm not a fan of controlling a thermostat. It's just a switch, best investment is always in the actual heating system. Why would I want a radiant system to be off? Don't I want the room to be the same temp every day of the heating season? Rather dump money into variable speed circs, balancing, getting it to operate right.