Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Problems with 750K BTU Reznor Furnace

Options
danFromNJ
danFromNJ Member Posts: 21
Hello-

I am a long time reader of this forum, mostly the steam stuff. I work in a woodshop in North Jersey (Riverdale). Our spray room has a 750K furnace that we cannot get to make heat. When you turn it on, it starts but will not make fire. Sometimes (not often), it will fire and then it will run until you turn it off.

I know some things about the system, but not much. It is a reznor furnace; I was told that it is 750k btu. Apparently, this was originally a propane furnace that was converted to natural gas. From what I am told, the conversion was a bit of a hack job. The furnace has not consistently fired for as long as I know (2 1/2 years). But in the last few months, it has got much worse. It use to take on average 4 or 5 tries to get it going. Now it rarely ever lights. My first inclination is that it is something simple like the thermocouple or the pilot gas valve or pilot igniter, but I don't know an my boss doesn't want me replacing parts willy nilly.

Is there someone in the North Jersey area that would be willing to come take a look?

Thanks
Dan