Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Floor Plus Panel

Options
dtrani
dtrani Member Posts: 25
I've put tube/plate between the joists under a bathroom. I have pleasantly warm floors, but even with 160 deg water it's not keeping the room warm enough (cold room plus thick subfloor). I'm getting floor temps in the high 70s.

This is a separate zone fed via a thermostatic valve set to 160 deg. I'm adding a large panel radiator to the zone, sized big enough to heat the room to 75 on design day with 160 deg water. How is this typically done (incorporating panels with radiant floors in the same zone)?

I was thinking of running the panel and the floor loop in parallel with a balancing valve in the panel circuit since the panel circuit will have far less head than the floor circuit.

Comments

• BenWoj
    BenWoj Member Posts: 33
    Options
    Not to derail your question, but have you thought about trying to find a solution to keep your under the floor heating only or are you set on installing a heating panel as well?

Just a few questions about your flooring.
    How thick is the subflooring?

How many tube runs per joist?

Are your joists insulated underneath?
  • dtrani
    dtrani Member Posts: 25
    Options
    The floor is about 3" of wood plus ~5/8" cement board and tile. I have 2 runs of tube/plate between the between the joists so about every 8". I have reflective bubble insulation about 2" under the tubes then fiberglass, so it's very well insulated.

I think the combo of the thick floor and the fact that the room has 2 exterior walls is going to make it impossible to heat with only the floor.