Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Circ Upgrade, how is taco doing with their ECM pumps?

Options
GW
GW Member Posts: 4,693
I had the boys take out the 2007 vintage Wilo psc pumps at our office/shop and install new Alphas today. There are 3 more pumps we need to get to (not complicated, but not a beginner piping system to feed water to the other radiant system).

The other 3 pumps can be a different brand (out of site), can anyone give me a two minute lesson on the taco ecm? Whats the Bumble bee and what's the Veridian?

Our little show room is collecting ACR rolls

Thanks, Gary
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com
Tinman

Comments

• GW
    Options
    ahh so the bee is the old version?
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    Both the 2218 and the Viridian have been working well for me.
  • ced48
    ced48 Member Posts: 469
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The 1816 is a fantastic pump!
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Very nice work! Quick question, where did you get the trim piece for the vent going thru the wall

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    GW I suggest you go to tacos website, and review the specs on the Bee,2218,and 1816. There are some inherent differences. In functions read outs, and curves.
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    Forget the Bee , VT is much better in every way . The VRs are really nice also and work well in their respective applications . All the Viridians are really quiet .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • GW
    Options
    Steve, on the oil or the gas? I think the Viessmann wall termination kit came with that escutcheon piece. The Buderus venting was one of two brands and I must say I don't recall, it's the big circular thing. You can tell it's been a while since I've done a dv oil, my memory is gone.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Bob Bona_4
    Options
    What are you guys seeing for Wilo? Some supply houses used to plop a residential circ on the counter for display, but it appears they lost traction. I don't see them on any jobs I've been on nor do I know anyone that uses them.
  • GW
    Options
    I've never seen a Wilo at any of the local suppliers. When i do a geo install i get the Stratos online. I got all Wilo back in 2007 becasue i thought they were hip. One of the psc pumps died and i had to call some vendor across the stat to UPS it to me (years ago, before i knew about online purchasing).
    Yes i realize I'm rolling the deice with online.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    GW said:

I've never seen a Wilo at any of the local suppliers. When i do a geo install i get the Stratos online. I got all Wilo back in 2007 becasue i thought they were hip. One of the psc pumps died and i had to call some vendor across the stat to UPS it to me (years ago, before i knew about online purchasing).
    Yes i realize I'm rolling the deice with online.

It is odd that Wilo hasn't taken off here. They have some unique circs already in the Euro market, like these small PWM models. Exactly what we need to modulate along with mod cons.

Are you doing open or closed loop GEO systems?
    I see Grundfos has a coated version for the open GEO market, It might be something to consider for non barrier, hydronic applications.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • GW
    Options
    I just do closed, not interested in spreading my wings to open loop.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Bob Bona_4
    Options
    Maybe too many choices, HR? Regional? You never see B/G, Wilo, Armstrong wet rotors etc around lower SW CT. It's Taco, with Grundfos a distant second.

Heard for what ever reason Mark Hunt went from Wilo to Rinnai about 6 months ago.