Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pressuretrol

Options
vinceM
vinceM Member Posts: 81
Hello all.
I'm having difficulty reading the Differential setting. Can someone post a pic and explanation of where to read the dial for the indicated setting. I don't see a hash mark or arrow that indicates what number it's set to.
Thank you

Comments

• SteamingPile
    SteamingPile Member Posts: 14
    Options
    On my honewell there is a vertical black line (on brown box) right above the dial. Mine had wires in front of it that I had to bend out of the way in order to see the line.
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    It's the white dial, visible when you remove the cover.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • vinceM
    Options
    Is it the brown box with the hot and neutral wires connected to it
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,479
    Options
    That brown box is the actual switch, you want the white dial to indicate 1 or just below closest to the front cover.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • vinceM
    Options
    My set up is slightly different. Here is a pic.
    This may explain why I can't figure where to line thing up.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    It looks to me like the number should be lined up under that medal tab (pointer) that covers the number. (Set at "3" now)
  • vinceM
    Options
    That's what I figured as well, but it seems odd. Also, based on how I read what Dan has recommended that "3" seems way high(how I found it set when I first looked in the unit). The cut in is set at .5psi. So cut out would be 3.5 It's a 2.5 story private home. My rough calc. of the EDR would mean that the 3.5 is way high????????
  • Fred
    Options
    Set it to "1" so that the Cut-out is 1.5. The Empire State Building runs at 2 PSI. Turn it down. It will run fine.
  • vinceM
    Options
    Also, on a different topic, there is a radiator on the second floor that recently started to make a sound while venting air. The best way I can describe it is, it sounds like someone is breathing through a slightly congested nostril while asleep. That is to say it's rhythmic, not steady, like a very soft whistling. Any thoughts??
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,539
    Options
    It's too high. Set "1" under that metal pointer, and the cut-in scale at its lowest.
    Retired and loving it.
    SWEI
  • vinceM
    Options
    Yes. Thank you Fred
  • Fred
    Options
    May have a little condensate in it. Take it off, wash it out and blow the water out of it. It may well not be clossing all the way due to dirt.
  • vinceM
    Options
    I will do that.
    Thank you again
  • vinceM
    Options
    Yes. Thank you Dan