Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Venting for wall hung modular/boiler in nyc

Heeltee
Heeltee Member Posts: 20
I would like to install a wall hung modular or wall hung boiler in my house in nyc. does any one know the code for venting in nyc ? Thanks

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Call the building dept. Won't be PVC though...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Heeltee
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,284
    edited January 2016
    It's unlikely to happen unless you're in a free-standing home in the outer boroughs. You won't have the clearance from building penetrations to your vent termination unless you go to the roof, independent from any other flues. In other words, the only way high efficiency, direct vent appliances pass Code inspections in NYC is when they vent to the roof in a dedicated, fire-rated enclosure and the venting material is polypropylene or AL29-4C (UL Listing #1738).
    The City HATES, and in most cases forbids, venting over anything that can be considered a walkway or sundeck, close proximities to lot lines, plumes of exhaust visible to neighboring residents, etc. And they want drawings filed that are stamped by a Registered Architect or Professional Engineer.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
    CMadatMe
  • Heeltee
    Heeltee Member Posts: 20
    Yes I am in queens county and I have plenty of room between neighbors .thanks for the advice..
  • joca
    joca Member Posts: 27
    how about sch 80 cpvc ?