Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin T80 questions

troyz
troyz Member Posts: 7
Installed a used Munchkin T80 to replace a peerless pinnacle with failed heat exchanger.

I have a couple questions.

1. The burner seems to run a consistent temperature. No modulation like my previous pinnacle pi-80. Is that normal? It is set to 180. In other words the burner doesn't seem to go up or down.

2. The previous owner had an outdoor reset and a DWH connected. I do not have these is there anything that I should be doing in programming since these do not exist?

Boiler seems to function fine but may be a little slower then the peerless pinnacle I had.

Thanks.

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Did you install the outdoor air sensor that came from the old house?
  • troyz
    No we didn't realize it was being used as it didn't come with the boiler. We saw the wires were stripped so assume that it was used in prior location.
  • SWEI
    No OAT sensor = no ODR = fixed boiler temp.

I'm reading this (guessing somewhat) as you do not have the sensor from the T80 in your possession, but the one that came with your Pinnacle is still installed on the outside of the house?
  • troyz
    Yes we don't have the t80 sensor. There wasn't one installed for the pinnacle.

Assuming the oat makes the boiler run more efficiently?
  • SWEI
    Outdoor Reset adjusts the water temp to match the load, which (when done correctly) will increase both comfort and efficiency.

IIRC, the Munchkin uses a 12k thermistor for its OAT sensor. Those are not available from most US controls suppliers, but several boiler manufacturers (Triangle Tube comes to mind) also use them.
    troyz