Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

newbie forum question: how to "close a discussion"

certain posts are closed and i would like to close one of my older posts myself
i have looked hard to notice a button or help suggestion to accomplish this.

is the solution just letting the topic grow old; it will automatically close one day?

sorry for such a newbie question, but i have never joined a forum beforum.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,583
    Which post, Matthew?
    Retired and loving it.
  • matthew_rogers
    matthew_rogers Member Posts: 33
    great to hear from you Dan,
    i have gotten some replies to my forum questions that have gotten me over various humps and helped me greatly. seeing as i have never joined a forum before i did not know if i had any responsibilities to manage or close these older posts. Would you suggest letting them remain as they are so they can grow or die a natural death? ...i want to make sure im a responsible contributor here. ...am i supposed to close or end a post after a given time?

as a talented artisan up in Boston sometimes even excellent art&craft can become rote. The video of your recent lecture at the "The General Society..." reinvigorated my batteries with exciting fire. I have ordered a few of your texts and have been greatly encouraged by your style of communication (it makes me miss my northeast NJ home). I too am surrounded by hundreds of the old books in divers subjects. And I was immersed in these very books when you referred to your study of the dead men in your videos. I felt great endorsement and peace about my daily pursuit of knowledge. Thank you, it hit me like a courageous "YES!"

"I GIVE you the end of a golden thread;
    Only wind it into a ball,
    It will lead you in at Heaven’s gate,
    Built in Jerusalem’s wall.…"
    -william blake

most sincerely,
    matthew rogers
    p.s. all my radiators here are the civil war gun barrel variety.
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,764

p.s. all my radiators here are the civil war gun barrel variety.

We do enjoy pictures! ;)
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,583
    Thanks, Matthew. No need to delete. Everything stays and adds to the searchable ( and remarkable) knowledge base that is The Wall.

Thanks for the kind words. Speaking at The General Society was a high point in my career. I'm glad I got to do that before I retired from speaking.

You enrich this place. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.