Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler Training Ideas

RayWohlfarth
RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,613
Howdy,
I am writing an article for Plumbing & Mechanical about boiler training options. Just curious if you were to train a newbie on boilers, where would you send them? I will be mentioning this site, OESP, RSES, RPA, Rep firms, Wholesalers. Thanks for your input.
Ray
Ray Wohlfarth
Boiler Lessons

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,786
    Installation of boilers?
    In addition to your list most all of the manufacturers offer training via their staff or rep firms.

Many wholesalers have training classes, either presented by staff or invited factory trainers.

Modern Hydronic Heating 3rd edition is a must on every shelf

Some excellent, free training here.
    http://www.caleffi.com/usa/en-us/technical-magazine
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Dan's books.

Your books.

Siggy's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd edition.

Caleffi idronics

Manufacturer websites have great training videos like Lochinvar, Caleffi, B&G, Tekmar, Uponor, and on and on.

Visiting manufacturer's facilities for training like many of the same list above.

The better supply houses offer frequent training like Porter Pipe in my area.
    Steve Minnich
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,284
    I do in-house training once a year. There are a great deal of questions answered within the company, among the guys, and what we don't resolve ourselves, we hit the books or call the right people to get it straight.
    Wiring is always a big deal. Aside from me, I've got two guys who aren't the least bit afraid of boiler/control wiring and they walk everyone else through the process and theory of wiring and sequence-of-operation using mock-up boards.

After that, of course it's Holohan seminars and manufacturers' training classes that are most available.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • RayWohlfarth
    RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,613
    Thanks Gentlemen I appreciate the help and input.
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons