Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

PurePro Trio with Energy Manager or Biasi #B10-4?

Options
RobNH
RobNH Member Posts: 1
edited January 2016 in Oil Heating
I need to replace my boiler which is currently running between 73-75% efficiency with a new one. The system is FHW with a coil on top of the boiler which I hate.

A couple facts: Split-level ranch, approximately 1,550 sq. ft. in New Hampshire. Regardless of which boiler I'm going with, I'm having a second zone installed in my home-office located in the basement. The only source of heat in the basement is a small base-board radiator - about 4-ft long in the bathroom.

The two systems I'm looking at from two different HVAC companies (both reputable and have done past business with one of them before):

Option 1. Trio boiler by PurePro with Energy Manager and a 41 gallon indirect fired water heater. I don't know what kind of burner will be used, but I do know that the options I have are a Beckett NX, Beckett AFG, Riello F5 or a Carlin EZ. I don't know enough about these burners to know which one is the best, although it seems like the Riellos get a lot of good reviews.

Option 2. Biasi Boiler - Model # B10-4, Taco Zone Valves, Taco Circulator Pump, Taco Control, Pro 1 Digital Thermostat, 40-gallon Utica Indirect Water Heater Model # H2OI40UB, Riello oil burner.

The difference in cost for the complete install is approximately $300.00; option #1 being more expensive. I've read some reviews on the Biasi, and it seems like the newer models are a little more reliable than the older models.

I like the technology of the PurePro Trio and Energy Manager, but I'm not sure if some of it is marketing fluff, or honest facts. Reviews on this system seem to be quite limited as well.

Does anyone have experience with any of the systems and/or components and what is your opinion?

I should probably mention the other systems that I got quotes on from another company are: Peerless WBV-03 cast iron boiler, or a Viessmann VR1-22 cast iron triple pass boiler. I wasn't planning on going with this company because when I totaled up either option combined with the cost of putting in the second zone and the indirect water tank - the cost was between $1,000 - $1,500 more than the other two quotes I got.

Thanks!

Comments

• Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    edited January 2016
    Options

Those are both fine choices the trio is a biasi casting I believe. It is the FW Webb store brand.
    The Biasi B10-4 is too big it should be a B10-3. The Utica is a rebranded Heat Flo indirect. I have done a few of the biasi B10-3 with a Heat Flo indirect it comes with a Hydrolevel control that you can add outdoor reset to for not much money which would do the same as the energy manager on the trio.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

lchmb
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Options
    What Aaron said the three section would be fine, less money too.
    Robert O'Brien
  • DJD775
    DJD775 Member Posts: 252
    Options
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but do either of you guys know if the Biasi B-3 is now shipping with a 0.4 GPM nozzle?
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    DJD775 said:

I don't mean to hijack this thread but do either of you guys know if the Biasi B-3 is now shipping with a 0.4 GPM nozzle?

Yes, have plenty of filtration! :)
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • DJD775
    DJD775 Member Posts: 252
    Options

DJD775 said:

Yes, have plenty of filtration! :)
    That's what I was thinking.
  • RJMCTAFO
    RJMCTAFO Member Posts: 113
    Options
    Aaron,
    What is your opinion on the HeatFlo water heaters? A few places around me are starting to carry them at a really good price point and have considered trying one.

Thanks.
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Options
    RJMCTAFO said:

Aaron,

What is your opinion on the HeatFlo water heaters? A few places around me are starting to carry them at a really good price point and have considered trying one.

Thanks.

I've got about 10-12 of the 40gal some Heat Flo some Utica and 2 of the 80gal all working great.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

RJMCTAFO