Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Twice the EDR

Options
Tinman
Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
Admittedly, I don't do much steam but this really puzzles me. I looked at a steam boiler today that had almost twice the EDR (Peerless 61-08, 704 EDR) than the connected EDR (360). I was shocked when I walked into the boiler room. The home is only 1600 square feet.
How often do you guys see this? I see hot water boilers oversized all the time but rarely by this much.
Steve Minnich

Comments

• EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    Options
    Stephen I see this all the time on average about 25% of the time. Most of them are actually on fairly the new side.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    Tinman
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    Yeah I need to hang out in the steam section a lot more.
    Steve Minnich
    vaporvac
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    Options
    It's never to late to get into the game
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    KC_JonesvaporvacJUGHNE
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Options

Admittedly, I don't do much steam but this really puzzles me. I looked at a steam boiler today that had almost twice the EDR (Peerless 61-08, 704 EDR) than the connected EDR (360). I was shocked when I walked into the boiler room. The home is only 1600 square feet.
    How often do you guys see this? I see hot water boilers oversized all the time but rarely by this much.

All... the... time...
    Tinman
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,706
    Options
    It's a constant problem.
    And then the jenius (intentional spelling error) that installed it tells the owner the problem is steam and to rip it out and install forced hot dust.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment