Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Adding radiant heat with usboiler es2

Options
4cefed370
4cefed370 Member Posts: 7
edited December 2015 in Radiant Heating
Hi, i own a ranch house with partial basement and crawl space, floor joists all open and uninsulated. Been fixing house up and did a gas conversion last year and went with the us boiler es2-6. House currently has a mix of cast iron baseboard and slant fins and 2 zones hydronic heating.. i just added an attached garage that i installed pex in the slab for radiant heating and picked up a caleffi 3 loop manifold (each loop is about 220'), but have yet to commit to a way of tying it in to the boiler.. ive been obsessing over ripping out the baseboards and running pex theough the bays with transfer plates which has put me at a stand still.. im also in the process of a bathroom remodel which im doing mudjob over pex, so im gonna be implementing the radiant technology in the house so why not utilize it..

Im aware that my current boiler isnt the unit you would purchase for a pex radiant system but its what i have and its a yr old. Im looking between mixing valve setups and injection pump systems, but seems that an injection system may not work well with my boiler..ive been reading on here and finding bits of info, and the system designs are seeming to get more complicated the more i read, any advice on up to date books on these systems would be greatly appreciated as im looking to learn more of these systems. I am not new to hvac field but new to the radiant heating systems and im really looking foward to setting this system up but dont wanna do it twice

Thanks,
Matt

Comments

• EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    Options
    Modern Hydronic heating and cooling by John Siegenthaler
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    adding a radiant zone requires a mixing station and a control. The Taco mixing block is the easiest method, as it has the pumps and control in one unit.
  • 4cefed370
    Options
    would i be better off setting system up with ultrafins hung between bays with my boiler, or would i be wasting my efforts with that system
  • 4cefed370
    Options
    would i be better off setting system up with ultrafins hung between bays with my boiler, or would i be wasting my efforts with that system