Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water shooting out of vents

Options
I've got a property in Bay Ridge Brooklyn and am looking for a recommendation for a "stream guy" that knows what they are doing. I've had a few other plumber in but they have not resolved the issue and think may have made it worse.

I've got water coming out of my basement air vent and a few of the apartment radiators as well (on 2nd floor).
I know the pipes in the the basement need to be insulated (is this a plumber or someone else I can hire?), I need additional air vents as the basement only has one (some knucklehead seems to have caped the other run years ago).
I have checked steam pressure and tried cleaning the boiler but have not had much luck. I'm now out of ideas and don;t have time to work on it myself and any of the guys I have used before dont know what the problem is either.

Comments

• JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,230
    Options
    You've probably got a clogged, or partially clogged return line. Also, check your pressure settings, you may have a clogged pigtail, faulty pressuretrol, etc.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • headofsteam
    headofsteam Member Posts: 3
    Options
    how does the return get unclogged? do I break the pipe and snake both sides?
    does gateway do any work in my area?
  • JohnNY
    Options
    Gateway does lots of work in your area and it's mostly steam heating jobs. Most recently we did some major upgrade work on Marine Avenue. Give the office a call if you'd like. 718-980-0909
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • headofsteam
    headofsteam Member Posts: 3
    Options
    thanks for the quick reply. You guys are coming out tomorrow to have a look.
    SWEI
  • JohnNY
    Options
    Thanks for the call!
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    Please let us know what happens!
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF