Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bosch Greenstar

Options
ricking
ricking Member Posts: 34
Any opinions on these boilers? Finally had a contractor to stop by and have a look. He was referred by KVC Industries whom I had asked for a referral on someone that was familiar with the HTP UFC. (they are the supplier in my area). This person is recommending the Bosch over the HTP. The numbers look OK on it but it looks like it wont modulate as low as the HTP but I dont think that is as big a issue as the reliability. Reviews look not bad but looking for some real feedback from anyone that has had experience with Bosch.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    The Greenstar is ok. I have a number of them out there.
    The HTP UFC is going to be hard to get a lot of familiarity as this boiler has just come out on the market and in many cases is not yet available.
    You may be waiting a good while.
  • ricking
    Options
    :)
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    You're gonna want to find a pro that you can trust and work with first, then you're gonna want to have him install what he feels most comfortable with; all of these boilers are very good. Having a modern system installed and then having a disagreement with the person that installed it down the road is less than ideal. No one cares more about the installation than the original installer (well, if the homeowner wants it maintained that is). If the installer doesn't do maintenance, you better run and look elsewhere. Call his number after hours and see what happens.
    The Greenstar has been quite reliable for us.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • ricking
    Options
    Nice info. Thanks. He wasn't as good as I hoped. He was talking some stuff the I was not really impressed with. Not about the Bosch but about the install. I have an other referral from Allied Industries. They manufacture electric and gas boilers here in the Northwest I asked the sales guy if he new any old dead guys that were still alive. He laughed and said " I know who your lookin for. He's as old as dirt and is 3rd generation hot water heat guy" Can't wait to talk to him.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    ricking said:

I asked the sales guy if he new any old dead guys that were still alive. He laughed and said " I know who your lookin for. He's as old as dirt and is 3rd generation hot water heat guy" Can't wait to talk to him.

Send him here. We'd love to meet him.
  • ricking
    Options
    I will !
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    'old as dirt' AND installs new technology??? sweet
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    HTP has a very good presence in the West .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833