Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Heating Technologies tubing

Options
A prospective customer came to me to help him install a radiant heating system. He came across some of the Radiant Heating Technologies tubing at a salvage yard and wants to use it to heat his slab. It's red and has an oxygen barrier, looks OK, but I've never heard of the company; don't know if it's PEX A, B or C.

I'm leery of companies and products I've never heard of, especially if it goes in a concrete slab and you're counting on it to heat the building.

Does anyone know if Radiant Heating Technologies is the same as Radiantec? How about the tubing? Yay or Nay? PEX A, B or C?
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    I'D PROCEED WITH CAUTION. I USE TO DEAL IN RHT TUBING MANY YEARS AGO. IF MEMORY SERVES ME, IT WASN'T AN A PEX.,(stiffer than A pex) AND WAS EUROPEAN TUBE SIZE, NOT AMERICAN TUBE SIZE. I'D ALSO BE COGNIZANT TO POSSIBLE UV EXPOSURE. (Why am I yelling?) It was German. And to my knowledge, hasn't been made in a long time, but could be mistooken.

Check with Clay Thornton. For some odd reason, it sticks in my head that he may still have access to this tube. (Thornton P&H in SLC)

Merry Christmas my friend. I'm going to call you this week.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Yeah, I stand corrected. It's not the same tubing I dealt with many years (or at least I don't think it is) . Type B (Silane) cross linked. And as noted, Bluerdige company appears to be sole source supplier, on line,

Still would proceed with caution.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

SWEIkcopp