Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Another Steamaster Question

hvacfreak2
hvacfreak2 Member Posts: 500
edited December 2015 in Strictly Steam
So , I have lost track of how many I have put in the boiler but I'm at 6 or 8 I believe. I don't have the instructions in front of me but I believe that the writing on the bottle says 4 per hundred sq.ft putting me at around 15 or 16required. The water line is stable and the system is purring . I have to believe that this is working so should I try to approach the stated required amount or just leave it alone. I just do not want to end up with rotten boiler sections in my back yard again as long as I live here , thanks for the replies.

Edit : Shoot I just went down and looked it says 6 per hundred , 24 or 25 required , good grief.
hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

Comments

• hvacfreak2
    Thanks , and that reminds me that I bought a test kit to use when I got the initial install oil out of the system. The ideal ph should be 7 , is that correct ?
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

• EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,308
    yeah the instructions on the bottle are way over kill. I usually start off with 4 tables once im done skimming the boiler and have the boiler run for about an hour then flush the boiler out. Fill boiler back up drop 2 tablets in let the boiler run for 30-45 minutes and then start checking PH
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • hvacfreak2
    Got it , thanks guys much appreciated.

I got to really run it last night for the first time, the water hardly budges in the glass. I made it up to 10 oz of pressure with hot radiators. I have a larger one that I vent with a " D " , man the convection felt like a forced air huge supply diffuser . The water is definitely purple.
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Easyio FG20 Controller

Dave in QCA