Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Lennox Pulse Furnace

devoldevol Posts: 1Member
The furnace operated flawlessly on LP. Just converted to natural gas. Now it fires up but runs for only 10 minutes and shuts down. I have to recycle the power to get it to fire up again. It takes 2-3 times cycling before it starts again and runs again for only 10 minutes. Gas pressure OK, spark plug OK. Any help????

Comments

• unclejohnunclejohn Posts: 1,420Member
    Why is it shutting down, hi limit flame fail?
  • Brp814Brp814 Posts: 22Member
    You mention the spark plug, but have you checked the flame sensor? Probably needs to be replaced.
  • JohnLappeJohnLappe Posts: 8Member
    Also make sure your intake and exhaust terminations are not blocked and check condensate drain, I worked on a lot of Pulse Furnaces and ran into these issues regularly, make sure you have the proper gas pressure also, when the furnace runs, is it smooth?
  • GWGW Posts: 3,445Member
    Kinda curious, Lennox got you the parts to convert that beast? This must be a friend or relative job!
    I'd start scoping the air switch, goo in condensate, measure micro amp on startup and see if it's different 9 minutes later, presure test the hx, change the flapper. Jump r w,
    If all that fails throw a new control at it. If that doesn't work, I'd start with a new furnace
    Gw
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    www.wilsonph.com
    [email protected]