Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Water leaking from gas boiler

MNFreezeMNFreeze Posts: 3Member
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. While trying to figure out why my just one of my 2 upper level radiators is cold, I went downstairs to check the gas fired hot water boiler. I noticed a leak coming from a pipe and dripping right onto the pressure valve below it. The first picture below is a wider shot of the pipe and the ones that follow show it closer. I ended up slowly turning on the knob up and to the left of where the leak was (water intake, I imagine) and it sounded like I was turning the water on. At that point the leaking suddenly stopped. The line seems to go down to the furnace and up to a tank in the ceiling.

I just had someone out for the tune up last week and he said while the boiler is old, it was fine. I called them and they said they can't get out until mid next week. Do I need to worry about this? Sorry if this is confusing, this is definitely not an area I'm familiar with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments