Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler refit

Options
ricking
ricking Member Posts: 34

Am I understanding this correctly? This is from the install instructions.

"The heat exchanger design of the PRESTIGE
Solo allows operation in a condensing mode.
This feature requires no regulation of the return
water temperature back to the boiler in radiant
heating applications.
The boiler water supply temperature can be
maintained by the PRESTIGE Solo, eliminating
the need for a mix system to achieve the
desired temperature."

So my old boiler and pipping has a mixing valve and bypass. My system is radiant in the ceiling. Almost the same as yours Gordy. So I just set the boiler at 115-120, the new boiler will maintain this and the circulator will shut off when no heat is demanded by the thermostat? Sounds too easy.

The old system ran pretty much all the time but a lot of that was in bypass mode. When more heat was called for, mixing valve opened, bypass closed.

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Yes, you are reading it correctly. Pipe it direct, one pump, life is good.
  • ricking
    Options
    Sweet
  • ricking
    Options
    Another quick question. The supply ang return lines on my system are 1 1/4. The new ones on the Triangle are 1". Will this be an issue for the old system.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    No issue whatsoever. Pipe it with 1" (copper, PEX, iron, doesn't matter which.)
  • ricking
    Options
    Thank you very much
  • ricking
    Options
    On selecting a pump. I was reading some excellent tips and discussion on some threads about pumps and came across the taco vt 2218. Would this be over kill for my system? Does not the TT60 with outdoor reset achieve the same thing? Or would this complement the system by reducing short cycling even more? Would it increase the condensing ability of the boiler as well?Almost ready to contact the installer/contractor but would like to be ready to make sure he is the one. Again, thank you all for the excellent advice. I may have one more question on expansion tanks but later.