Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Professionals in Ithaca, NY area

jtonzola
jtonzola Member Posts: 48
Hello,
I have been enjoying this site and I have been making minor adjustments with a 1 one pipe steam system in my house. I am just looking if anybody knows someone in the Ithaca, NY area that has a lot of experience with steam heat systems? My current plumber has been helpful a few tips on getting it to run well. I am still getting a little water build up in the system that I am working at figuring out and may need some more help. I will also probably need a new boiler in the near future. Thanks.

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    I don't run my own company anymore, but I've been known to travel on weekends.
  • jtonzola
    Thanks Joe. I will keep that in mind.
    Joe
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    Someone posted from there a couple of years ago. I'll look later in my posts to see if I can jog my memory. Too bad we can't search within our own posts ir within certain parameters(or can we?)
    However, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone better than Jstar. :)
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
  • jtonzola
    Thanks vaporvac.
  • jtonzola
    Hello Jstar. I emailed you last week but did not hear back from you. How far are you from the Ithaca area? It would be great to have you come by to look at the steam system. My email is jtonzola@hotmail.com
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    Put @JStar and he'll receive a message directly from this post.
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF