Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil or Propane

Options
Alby74
Alby74 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2015 in Oil Heating
If i'm going to buy new, what are the opinions of others? I live in New England and heating a 2500 sqft home, currently FHW by oil.

Thanks!

Comments

• njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    Options
    Have you looked into prices of propane in your area? Also what are you currently paying for oil?
    How many hydro air units do you have 1 or 2?
    How many btus is required to hear your house vs what you coils are designed for?
    You can perform your own heat loss calculation if you down load the heat loss app from slant fin. It will get you close enough.

The list will go on. There is a lot of information on this site an knowledge people that are willing to help once the ball gets roiling so to say.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    The system itself, although important, is the second question...who will be installing and servicing the unit? I personally like the Triangle Tube. Had excellent luck with it. Have a strong understanding on how to service it and trouble shoot it. Now, your installer may hate it. It's hard to do a perfect job on something when you start out by thinking it's a piece of junk....With that said, prior to signing with someone, get references..ask for pictures of previous work...do your home work now..not after...
    njtommySWEI