Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydronic Baseboard Heat - 3 Zones - Please Help

Options
Jbaile38
Jbaile38 Member Posts: 2
Hello!

My apologies if there is a more appropriate place to post this, I didn't know which category best fit.

I have hydronic baseboard heat in three zones, powered by a boiler which also supplies domestic hot. The entire system was new 5 years ago. The problem I describe below is new this year, and has been present since the first night the heat was needed.

One of the zones never fails to work as expected. The other two zones only work if either is active while the first (always working) zone is actively heating. Unfortunately, the zone which always works is the one that should be active the least, leaving the rest of the house cold. (Unless I turn the thermo up to 80 so the other zones will get above 60).

The two trouble zones otherwise function normally when the first zone is active.

I was hoping that this was something that I could fix myself, and that the issue would be familiar to those on this board.

Any information is appreciated. Thank you so much for your time.

Comments

• JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
    Options
    Show us a wide picture of your boiler from the front and side please.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
    Rich_49
  • Jbaile38
    Jbaile38 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, thanks for the response. I'm out of town for the holiday, but will post a pic when I return this weekend.

Be well,

Justin