Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need startup advice for Viega Basic Heating Control w outdoor reset

Options
semma
semma Member Posts: 15
edited November 2015 in Thermostats and Controls
Hello all and thanks in advance for your guidance.
I just updated my radiant heating controls with a Viega Basic Heating control made by Tekmar. I have supply temp, outdoor, and indoor sensors. I know each house and each service area will be different and a tuning in period may be necessary. Based on my house, what do you think the design temps should be set at? I live in zip code 01430, Ashburnham, Ma. It's probably the coldest part of Massachusetts. There will be a few months with zero degrees hitting lows and wind chills into -20. On top of that, we are on the south side of a lake with several large two story window walls facing the north wind. The house is tight, 6 inch construction, well insulated, and modern doors and windows. It's about 4200 sft built in 1992. The pex is in conduit, in concrete in the basement, gypcrete on first floor, and wall units on second floor. I have four separate stadler manifolds and 14 thermostats with two zones open to the main heat loss area. The indoor sensor is in that area. I have a Veissmann oil fired boiler circa 1992 with a riello burner. My basic heat control is set to "burner enable" but the viessman looks like it controls itself and has a control on the top. Looking to get your suggested start up settings for outdoor design temp, mix max temp, mix design temp, mix indoor temp based on a indoor design temp of 70. Thanks!
Sal