Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

2 Pipe Steam Radiator Does Not Get Hot

Options
Last year I posted information about a Steam Pro radiator which did not get hot. I finally found a plumber who said he knew what to do. He installed a steam trap. Before the steam trap was installed the radiator got hot for a minute or two and did not stay hot. Now the radiator with its new trap never gets hot. Could there be water or condensation blocking the radiator now. All of the other radiators in the house work perfectly. What should I do? This plumber refuses to return unless he paid in full in advance for all the radiator work and now wants to be paid more for fixing something I would have already for. I paid half of his invoice and told him he would be paid in full once the radiator works. Thanks.

Comments

• Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    Post some pictures of that rad and the trap he put on. Clearly the air can't escape from the radiator to allow steam into it. Maybe the new trap is stuck closed. Did it have a trap on it before he did his magic? Do you hear any banging or water sloshing that might indicate the rad or the piping may be pitched incorrectly and holding water?