Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello

lchmb
lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
ok...slightly confused by this. Last year I did a tuneup on a boiler with a Riello burner. Nothing special, 15 month old system. had run great the entire time. 3 weeks later the pump starts to leak at the shaft. Ok, dont see that often but..change the pump. Runs great for a year. 3 weeks ago, go back and again do a straight up tuneup. Nothing special, used about 600 gallons of oil for the year. Fast forward 3 weeks with no issues. Customer say's tonight "yea it started to drip this morning just like last year". Now honestly I havent had a chance to go see but if this is again the pump, what in the world would cause it. And why 3 weeks after I changed the strainer....

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    What's the number on the pump. Also when you did the pump strainer, did you use a new o ring (yes) or gasket (no). Is the o ring properly seated?
    Have a look at this
    http://www.firedragonent.com/riello.caution.pdf

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• lchmb
    edited November 2015
    I've always used the o ring. was told years ago the gasket was only for an emergency. I'll have to check on the number on the pump. It was a replacement that was in a service kit so not sure how long it was there.. The last pump wasnt leaking from the cover, it was clearly from the shaft and the customer say's it's doing the exact same thing...
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Does it have the hydraulic jack for the air gate? A small leak at the air gate sucks oil in, lays in the housing. Could look like a pump leak. How were pressure/vacuum/cut-off readings?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,396
    I remember about 15 yes ago, Riello was having a problem with the shafts leaking. MD
  • lchmb
    so finally returned and removed the pump. You can see where it was leaking from the shaft so it has been returned to Riello to see if they can see an issue. Worst part is, a week after replacing this one had a second one in a different location start doing the exact same thing. How can changing the strainer suddenly start the pump leaking at the shaft?