Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

MA. Oil Burner Code

EBEBRATT-Ed
EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,062
New to me so maybe I am behind on this but the MA. Oil Burner Code is no more. This changed on 1/1/15. They did away with 527cmr oil burner code. The new code consists of the following 3 things:

NFPA 1 Fire Code--(chapter 11 applies to oil burners)
MA modifications to NFPA 1
NFPA 31 Oil Burner Code

Nice of the state to let us know. Anything to make it more confusing.

I haven't had a chance to read up on this so I don't know the changes.

I spoke to a gentlemen in the State Fire Marshalls office yesterday because I couldn't figure out what they were doing.

The revised Massachusetts Comprehensive Fire Safety Code (527 CMR 1.00), took effect on January 1, 2015. The revised code adopts, in large part, the National Fire Prevention Association’s (NFPA) Model Fire Code (NFPA 1- 2012 Edition), with Massachusetts amendments.

These are unofficial versions of 527 CMR regulations and are provided as a convenience to the public. DFS uses its best efforts to update these documents, however for official use please contact the Secretary of the Commonwealth's office. To view PDF versions you will need a pdf reader, please download and install Acrobat Reader. The PDF files are formatted to print on legal size paper.

Go to MA.GOV DFS scroll down the left side to Key links to MA. Fire code

Comments

• Marz
    Marz Member Posts: 90
    Ed, you should contact Firedragon. He has books and literature on the new code. He also runs a class on the new code. (not sure if classes are still available.)
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    Marz
    Good to know, thought I was keeping up on things. Guess not
  • Marz
    Marz Member Posts: 90
    Like you said, when were they going to let us know. Hard to keep up with all of the BS around here when there's no notifications. I think I have a sheet that shows the biggest changes. I'll see if I can dig it up.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    Really getting difficult in MA. to keep up with everything. Oil code change, gas code changes and going to code updates. I have electrical code updates for MA. & CT. rediculuous. Glad I never got into plumbing