Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

help with heat transfer coil please

benoit
benoit Member Posts: 1
edited November 2015 in THE MAIN WALL
hello i am a newbee from upnorth, Canada, and have been working on my heating system for quite a while now,last two years,thinking, searching,buying and now installing.the only thing i do not have figure out yet is the heat transfer coils required in my 500 gal, stand-by water tank next to my 175 000 btu Froling gasification boiler.the loop will be pressurized, fead by 1-1/4 copper pipe/manifold to the tank, tank is not pressurized, feeding 14 zone calleffi maniflod for the house 75 feet away.from many web site i saw multiple formula for sizing copper pipe for heat transfer, but i am getting in the range of 700 feet of 3/4 copper pipe in coils shape to achieve 175 000 btu/hr ex.does that make any sence?????
at the price of copper, i was looking at heat transfer coils from steam or hot water boiler to install,may be a bit expensive, but output is real and so is the pressure drop.i have invested a small fortune so far in my project ( having to build a garage with concrete foundation and basement(as a mechanical room)) so i will not stop because of those coils but would like to know where i am heading before blind purchase.
if someone here would be kind enough to help me out it bould be much appreciated.
regards
boiler, froling F-50 175 000 btu/hr
tank,500 gal jacket wall SS milk tank
circulator between boiler and tk, Grundfos 26-99image

Comments