Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Installation of heating equipment

Options
Geraldo
Geraldo Member Posts: 16
My furnace or boiler is in really good condition. If I was to have another installed or indirect water heater or holding tank I would contact my full service local heating oil supplier who also does my service. Is that a smart choice or would it be better to look elsewhere to have something like that done.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    Well it's always good to get a couple of bids. Are you happy with them now? Have you seen other work they did? If someone has been good to me, and I know like and trust them, I would return the favor with loyalty.
    Also you are going to need service eventually. A full service company has on call people 24-7. Is the local plumber/hvac guy coming out in the middle of the night for you?
    steve
  • Geraldo
    Geraldo Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Last year was my first year with this company. I pay usually .50 more per gallon for oil with them but when they cleaned my furnace or boiler last year they found that gray electrical box was wired wrong and it had a burn spot on the electronics and had to be replaced. The previous companies were also higher for oil deliveries, I have never used the cheaper companies to avoid something like that happening but it did anyway. Going with the higher priced companies cost me a little over $350.00 per year extra for oil. In the end I am not sure they are going to be any better than the discount guys that provide full service. Maybe I need to rethink that. The local plumber might not have parts on hand either.