Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TT prestige trimax "CH Run Time"

smp74
smp74 Member Posts: 61
On a TT prestige trimax control, does the information log for "CH Run Time" refer to the total heat call time or the burner firing time?

Cheers

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    From the book. "CH runtime" displays the number of hours the Prestige has run for a central heating call since the unit was installed .
  • smp74
    smp74 Member Posts: 61
    Yes, I read that in the book as well. Just looking to clarify if it is the actual burner run time or the heat call time. The wording in the manual is rather vague as to what "run" is referring to, at least to me anyways. This is related to the shoulder season cycling behavior I'm seeing now. When it gets a bit colder out it won't matter because the burner will run for the entire heat call.
  • margsuarez
    margsuarez Member Posts: 54
    i have been tracking my ignitions/run time for a couple months to try to figure out the same thing.

i see for example in a 24 hr period - 40 ignitions in 2 hours, which would probably indicate burner time, not call time, as i have call blocking set to 12 minutes and the calls stays registered the whole time i am on call blocking (burner is off).

i am only seeing 1.5-3 minute burns, but firing 40 times in a day which is less than 2x per hour.

note that the granularity of the report is increments of 20 ignitions and whole hours (not fractions) so i should probably average over time to get a better idea.

marg
    Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 110 with Trimax Controls (3x oversized)
    950 sqft of WarmBoard on 3 floors, 5 loops acting as one zone