Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Vertical Flooded Heat Exchanger, ever heard about it?

Options
NewwaySteam
NewwaySteam Member Posts: 2
edited November 2015 in Strictly Steam
Hi everyone, my name is Patrick Lach and I am part of "Maxi-Therm". We offer a new approach to use steam by using a "vertical flooded heat exchanger" and by putting a small 1/2 control valve on the condensate return line.

By doing so we extract not only the latent heat in each pound of steam but also the sensible heat and we kill all the flash lost. So higher is the steam pressure, more efficient we are. Meaning we reduce the steam consumption on average of 6%.

So we don't need Pressure Reducing Valves, Big Control Valves on Steam, No Safety Relief Valve to the roof (because we provide an ASME Stamp on the vessel) and most cases we don't need a flash tank with a vent to the roof and a condensate return pump.

Basically we cut the space needed by 40% and the maintenance cost are cut by 70% over the next 15 years.

So if you have an application which you need to heat a domestic hot water glycol or a hot water loop you should consider this new approach.

If you have any questions about this steam approach or any comments please post it. I will be gald to answer your questions and share my toughts.

If you need more information please visit www.maxi-therm.net